Functional Genomics Laboratory: Gingeras Group
Spliced Transcripts Alignments and Reconstruction
- STAR aligns RNA-seq reads to a reference genome.
- STAR is available free (including the source code) for academic, non-profit and personal use.
- If you have questions, please email to Alexander Dobin at email@example.com
Download Latest Version
- 'Ab initio' splice junctions --un-annotated, non-canonical, distal exons, chimeric ...
- Unique and multiple mappers
- Any read length, any number of splice junctions per read
- Any (reasonable) number of mismatches and indels
- Alignment scoring utilizing Illumina quality scores
- "Auto" trimming of poor quality ends
- poly-A tails detection
- Very Fast: human 75-mer reads: 60 Million read per hour
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Genome Research Center © All rights reserved